Friday, August 28, 2009

As of today I have been here a week. I had a meeting on Monday with the school principal regarding the classes I would take, even though I don't start school until next Monday. This is because the school is in exams and it would be pointless for me to come. I'm not sure of everything about my classes but I will find out exactly what I have later today when I get my schedule.

Last weekend I played around a lot on the farm with Harry and Dudley, mainly riding the dirt bike, or jumping on the trampoline. Also the weather was incredible for winter in South New Zealand. It was around 50 degrees and sunny for four days in a row... then it went back to normal weather, which isn't much colder, just wet and windy, and the wind is cold.

This week, since my brothers have been in school, I've done some more farm work. Everyday few days we're buying more baby cows, and it has become a lot to feed, so it takes quite a long time. Also we have sheep, but they eat the grass, except the one in the picture. She was premature and about to die so the Hunters took her in and now we feed her a bottle of warm cow's milk three times a day. Harry has 4 hens that I help him feed sometimes. Last night when we fed them they ate some grain out of my hand which was pretty cool.

So far it has been fun. I start school next week, so we'll see how that goes.

Above from left to right is Lucy, Wooly, and Moon. You can click on both pictures to make them bigger.


3 comments:

  1. The pictures are great! I'm so happy you are having a good time! We sure do miss you! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw the dirt bike pic on FB. That looks awesome. They let you drive it anywhere? Hope you're having fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss yall too. Ya the dirt bike is awesome. I haven't ridden it in a long time though. It used to be a lot more fun, but then I fell pretty hard a few time. And ya I can take it anywhere but the road.

    ReplyDelete